Crescent Point Energy is a conventional oil and gas producer with assets strategically focused in properties comprised of high-quality, long-life, operated light and medium oil and natural gas reserves in United States and Canada. Crescent Point strives to create sustainable, value added growth in reserves, production and cash flow through the execution of management’s integrated strategy of acquiring, exploiting and developing reserves.
Crescent Point is currently seeking to fill the following position:
Job Title: Junior Financial Accountant
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Reports to: Manager, Financial Reporting
The following will provide you with basic guidelines as to the duties required of this position.
The Junior Financial Accountant is primarily responsible for assisting with monthly and quarterly financial reporting and general administrative duties within the Financial Reporting team.
Main Responsibilities & Activities:
- Prepare financial calculations and analysis, journal entries and account reconciliations
- Manage records within the financial reporting group
- Prepare quarterly bank covenant compliance certificate
- Assist with quarterly/annual reports including: external financial statements, MD&A, audit committee reports, annual securities filings, and Statistics Canada reporting and surveys
- Assist with the review of press releases and investor presentations
- Assist with Bill 198 compliance
- Special projects as required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Accounting diploma is required
- Minimum 1 year of general accounting experience in the oil and gas industry is required
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to handle multiple priorities
- Highly organized with strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Team player who enjoys learning and contributing to team goals
Only qualified candidates of interest will be contacted